Monday, April 9, 2012

Ziggy's Haircut

I gave Ziggy his semi-annual haircut on Saturday.  This was the third time I have given him a haircut myself.

Before

He usually does a good job of staying pretty still and letting me cut his hair with the electric clippers.  This time he was a bit reluctant to let me clip his leg and paws.  I checked and there were no injuries or sores.  I finally had to turn off the clippers and hold them against his paw.  Once he was willing to let the clippers stay against his paw he let me turn them on and clip the hair.  Not sure what made him reluctant this time but we got the job done.  We had quite a pile of fur after we were done.

After (He always looks skinner and a bit funny after a hair cut.)

Ziggy is a "designer dog", a mix of Yorkie and Bichon.  I bought him from a breeder in Kentucky and picked him up at the airport when he was a tiny 9 week old puppy.  His hair grows more than it sheds so he gets a haircut in the spring and one in the late summer.  His coat is soft and has curl from the bichon and he gets the brown with flecks of black from the yorkie.  He has the temperment of the bichon - calm, friendly and not a yappy barker.  He loves people and gets excited when he sees friends. He is my buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment